Easy Twist Dinner Biscuits
- 1 can(s)
- biscuits, buttermilk or other
- 1/2 c
- butter, melted
- 1 1/3 c
- 3 Tbsp
- orange zest
- 3 Tbsp
- orange juice, fresh or frozen
How to Make Easy Twist Dinner Biscuits
- 1Spray a 8 X 8 or 9 X 9 square pan with Pam or other non-stick cooking spray, or line with parchment paper. I use parchment. I just like it better. You don't have a messy pan to clean, just toss the paper and Wa La.
- 2Get biscuit dough out of the can and separate each biscuit, placing each on a plate.
Stir together the sugar and Orange zest, and place in a shallow pan or bowl. I usually use a pie or cake pan.
- 3Melt the butter, in another pie pan and place on a hot towel to keep butter melted. Slightly warm orange juice in microwave.
- 4Dip Biscuit in butter, then into sugar and place in prepared baking pan. Repeat until all biscuits are coated. Mix any remaining sugar mixture, including any and all butter clumping that fell into sugar while dipping, (cuz we all know that happens), into the juice.
- 5If it is liquid, add a little more sugar and zest to the mixture so you have a crumble type mixture. sprinkle over top of biscuits and bake according to package directions. Remove from oven on time, DO NOT ALLOW TO OVER COOK. the sugar will burn and the biscuits will be like a rock. Great for throwing, not so great for eating.
- 6Serve and enjoy!