Easy Cheddar Biscuits
2 call purpose flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
1/2 tspkosher salt
1/2 ccold butter cut into cubes
1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Easy Cheddar Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. (230 degrees C)
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, banking powder and salt. Cut in the cold butter with a fork (or your fingers) until mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- Pour milk and cheese into flour mixture while stirring with a fork. Mix in milk until dough is soft, moist and pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- 4. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and toss with flour until no longer sticky. Roll dough out into a 1/2 inch thick sheet and cut with a floured biscuit or cookie cutter. Press together unused dough and repeat rolling and cutting procedure.
- Place biscuits in a cast iron skillet or on ungreased baking sheets, brush with melted butter and sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes.