Dee Dee's Lemon Glazed Blueberry Biscuits
Diane Hopson Smith
2 call purpose flour
3 tspbaking powder
1 stick(1/2 cup) butter, frozen
3 to 6 ozfrozen blueberries
1 cpowdered sugar
3 Tbspheavy cream (can use milk or water)
1 tsplemon zest, grated
1/2 tsplemon juice, fresh
How to Make Dee Dee's Lemon Glazed Blueberry Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Sift all dry ingredients in a bowl; add buttermilk. Grate 5 tablespoons of the frozen butter and add to mixture. Mix and knead until dough is formed. If too sticky add a little flour at a time until consistency you want. Gently fold in blueberries. NOTE: I fold in berries while dough is still pretty sticky. Also I use 6 ounces of blueberries. Biscuit are pretty moist. If you like a dyer biscuit, use less berries.
- Melt remaining 3 Tblsp of butter in large iron skillet on top of stove over medium heat. NOTE: this gives the biscuits a nice crunch to the bottoms of the biscuit. You can use pan of your choice and melt butter in oven while mixing up biscuits. NOTE: you don't have to add butter to pan, I just like em better this way.
- Form biscuits with hands and place in skillet, flipping once to coat both sides with melted butter.
- Put in oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- GLAZE: Mix all ingredient, spread over hot out of the oven biscuits. Enjoy