Debi's Mile High Biscuits
How to Make Debi's Mile High Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium size bowl, and mix well with a fork or whisk.
- Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Measure milk into a bowl. Add egg, and whisk until beaten together.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring with a spoon until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured board or countertop and knead 8-10 times. Roll or pat out dough to 1 inch thickness. Cut with a biscuit cutter (2 or 2 1/2 inches in diameter). Place biscuits on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or till golden brown. This recipe makes about 15 biscuits.