Creamy Dreamy Cinnamon Scones
1 1/4 call purpose flour
2 Tbspgranulated sugar
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 cwhipping cream
1/4 can(s)half and half
1/2 ccinnamon chips (see my recipe)
CINNAMON SUGAR TOPPING
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1 Tbspground cinnamon
How to Make Creamy Dreamy Cinnamon Scones
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Set aside. In a small bowl, mix the sugar and the cinnamon for the sugar topping. Cover and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar salt and baking powder. Add the cinnamon chips and stir until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whip together the whipping cream and half and half until thickened. Fold into the dry ingredients just until incorporated (you want it to be very lumpy). Mix the rest of the way with clean hands just until the ingredients are blended (too much mixing makes scones tough). If the dough is too dry, add up to another 2 teaspoons of half and half.
- Place the dough on the prepared cookie sheet, then flatten out into a round about 3/4" thick. Slice into wedges (4 - 8 pieces). Separate the pieces, spacing them out on the cookie sheet. Set the timer for 15 minutes and place the cookie sheet in the freezer.
- When the timer goes off, start your oven preheating at 375 degrees F. (By the time the oven is warmed up, the scones should have been in the freezer for 30 min)
- Brush the tops and sides of the frozen scones with half and half, then sprinkle liberally with the cinnamon sugar topping. Bake for 15 min or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 5-10 min.