Cranberry Scones with Lemon Glaze
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspgrated lemon zest
1/3 ccold, unsalted butter
1/4 cdried cranberries soaked in hot water 10 min.
1/4 cchopped hazelnuts
1/2 cpowdered sugar
1 Tbspfresh lemon juice
How to Make Cranberry Scones with Lemon Glaze
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt.
- Add butter, cut into 1 inch cubes, and mix with hands, just until large, coarse crumbs form.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 of the eggs and milk with a fork; add to flour mixture.
- Mix with a large fork or spoon just until mixed through-do not beat or mix too much, or the scones will become tough.
- Allow the dough to rest in bowl for about 10 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until golden brown on top and sound hollow when tapped with your finger.
- Remove to cooling rack to cool.