★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 tspsalt
2 1/2 cbuttermilk
2/3 cvegetable oil
1 pkgactive dry yeast
3 Tbspwarm water
How to Make Cowboy Biscuits
- Sift 4 cups flour into a large bowl. Make a hole in the center of the flour.
- Mix an sift into hole 1 cup flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix yeast with the 3 tablespoons of water.
- Then pour buttermilk, oil and yeast mixture into the same hole as sifted mixture. Mix well.
- Cover lightly and let stand in refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Pinch off balls of dough the size you want your biscuits to be and place in a greased pan.
- Bake at 400 degress for 10-12 minutes.
- The dough will keep 5-6 days in the refrigerator.