★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 5 c
- 1/3 c
- 4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 2 1/2 c
- 2/3 c
- vegetable oil
- 1 pkg
- active dry yeast
- 3 Tbsp
- warm water
How to Make Cowboy Biscuits
- 1Sift 4 cups flour into a large bowl. Make a hole in the center of the flour.
- 2Mix an sift into hole 1 cup flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 3Mix yeast with the 3 tablespoons of water.
- 4Then pour buttermilk, oil and yeast mixture into the same hole as sifted mixture. Mix well.
- 5Cover lightly and let stand in refrigerator for 3 hours.
- 6Pinch off balls of dough the size you want your biscuits to be and place in a greased pan.
- 7Bake at 400 degress for 10-12 minutes.
- 8The dough will keep 5-6 days in the refrigerator.