How to Make Cloud Biscuits
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Beat the egg and milk in a small bowl and set aside
- Put the flour, baking powser, salt and shortening into a mixng bowl. With a pastry blender (or 2 forks) work the flour mixture into the shortening until mealy. Add the egg/milk mixture and mix until combined (this will be sticky)
- Pour out onto floured countertop or board. Sprinkle about 1/2 cup flour over the top and knead for 3 to 5 minutes. Flatten with your hand or a rolling opin until about 1/2 inch thick, and cut out your biscuits.
- Place into an ungreased pan and bake for 10-15 minutes until browned on top. (Check a middle one to be sure they are completely done)
- You now have a wonderful base for Sausage Gravy and Biscuits, GREAT for strawberry shortcake, biscuits with butter and honey....use your imagination!