2 csifted all-purpose flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
1/4 tspbaking soda
1/4 cvegetable oil
1 stickbutter or margarine, softened
·add enough powdered sugar for glaze consistency.
How to Make Cinnamon Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees; grease a 9 inch round baking pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Stir in vegetable oil; add buttermilk and stir until just blended.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Roll dough into a 15x8 inch rectangle.
- Spread butter over the dough.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, mix well. Sprinkle over butter.
- Roll up jelly-roll style starting from ong side; pinch seams to seal.
- Cut the roll into 1-1/2 inch slices; arrange the slices, cut side up, in prepared baking pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven; combine powdered sugar and milk to form a glaze; spread over tops of biscuits.