How to Make Cindi's Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, butter and shortening and, using a pastry blender, cut in the butter and shortening until crumbly.
- Add cold whole milk and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead the dough a few times and pat out till about 1/4 inch thick. Tri-fold the dough over itself a few times. Then, using a 2 inch biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits, do not twist the cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for about 14-15 minutes.
- May brush melted butter the tops when done baking, if desired.
Makes about 9 biscuits