★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 c
- all purpose flour, plus more for surface, fingers, and biscuits cutter
- 3 Tbsp
- finely chopped chives
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 stick
- cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 c
- cups low-fat buttermilk
How to Make Chive and Black Pepper Biscuits
- 11. Preheat oven to 375. Whisk together flour, chives, baking powder, sugar, baking soda.
- 21t salt and 2t pepper. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter or rub in with your fingers until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with a few large pieces remaining.
- 3Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and pat into a 1 and 1/2 inch thick round using floured fingers; do not overwork dough. Using a floured 2-inch cutter, cut out 24 biscuits.
- 4Transfer biscuits to a baking sheet, spacing 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake, rotating sheet halfway through, until golden and flecked with brown spots, 20 to 22 minutes. Transfer biscuits to a wire rack, and let cool.