Cheesy, Garlicy Drop Biscuits
- 1 & 1/2 c
- self rising flour
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/3 c
- crisco* or butter flavored crisco*
- 3/4-1 c
- butter milk
- 3/4-1 c
- shredded cheddar cheese (not finely shredded)
***PREHEAT OVEN TO 400 DEGREES***
How to Make Cheesy, Garlicy Drop Biscuits
- 1In a large mixing bowl, add flour, salt and garlic powder. Mix together. Place Crisco* into bowl and, using the back side of a salad fork, mix the Crisco* and the flour mixture until all the Crisco* is broken up into tiny pieces and the flour is moistened by the Crisco*.
- 2Add the butter milk into the mixture. The consistency of the mixture should be doughy. If too moist, add a little more flour. If too dry, add a little more milk.
- 3When satisfied with the mixture, add the cheese.
NOTE: You can omit the garlic powder and/or the cheese. If you omit both, you have original drop biscuits.
- 4Using a nonstick cookie sheet, drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the cookie sheet. The batch of dough should make 12 drop biscuits.
- 5Bake at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes. Serve hot.
Note: you can save leftover biscuits in a baggie and warm up later.