★★★★☆ 1 vote4
3/4 cshredded zucchini
1 cshredded aged yellow cheddar chesse
1/4 csliced green onions
2 cplus 1 tablespoon flour,divided
2 tspbaking powder
6 Tbspbutter,chilled,cut up
How to Make Cheddar-Zucchini Biscuits
- preheat oven to 450*
- line baking sheet with parchment paper
- combine zucchini and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a small bowl;let stand 20 minutes.
- discard excess liqid.
- place zucchini in a strainer; press on zucchini to drain any additional liquid.
- combine zucchini,chesse,green onions and 1 tablespoon of the flour in medium bowl.
- wisk remaining 2 cups flour,baking powder and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in medium bowl.
- with pastry blender or two knives,cut in butter until mixture resembles small peas.
- stir in zucchini mixture; stir in milk just until soft dough form.
- drop dough by tablespoonful onto baking sheet.
- bake 10-15 minutes or until light brown on top and bottom.