Cheddar, Bacon and Chives Biscuits
- 6 slice
- 3 3/4 c
- bread flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 c
- chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 1/2 c
- packed coarsely grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 c
- chopped fresh chives
- 1 3/4 c
- chilled buttermilk
How to Make Cheddar, Bacon and Chives Biscuits
- 1Position rack just above center of oven and preheat to 425 degrees. Line heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium heat until crisp and brown. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain, then chop coarsely.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in processor; blend 5 seconds. Add butter cubes. Blend until coarse meal forms, about 30 seconds. Transfer flour mixture to large bowl.
- 4Add cheese, chives and bacon; toss to blend. Gradually add buttermilk, stirring to moisten evenly (batter will feel sticky).
- 5Using lightly floured hands, drop generous 1/2 cup batter for each biscuit onto prepared baking sheet, spacing batter mounds about 2 inches apart.
- 6Bake biscuits until golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 18-20 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes, serve warm.