Cheddar, Bacon and Chives Biscuits
3 3/4 cbread flour
1 1/2 Tbspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
1 1/4 tspsalt
1/2 cchilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
2 1/2 cpacked coarsely grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/3 cchopped fresh chives
1 3/4 cchilled buttermilk
How to Make Cheddar, Bacon and Chives Biscuits
- Position rack just above center of oven and preheat to 425 degrees. Line heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium heat until crisp and brown. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain, then chop coarsely.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in processor; blend 5 seconds. Add butter cubes. Blend until coarse meal forms, about 30 seconds. Transfer flour mixture to large bowl.
- Add cheese, chives and bacon; toss to blend. Gradually add buttermilk, stirring to moisten evenly (batter will feel sticky).
- Using lightly floured hands, drop generous 1/2 cup batter for each biscuit onto prepared baking sheet, spacing batter mounds about 2 inches apart.
- Bake biscuits until golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 18-20 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes, serve warm.