Buttermilk Biscuits Tasty.....
Shawn A Reed
1 pkgactive dry yeast
1/4 cwater, warm
2 1/2 cflour, (2 1/2 to 3 1/2 cups)
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 cshortening (cold)
How to Make Buttermilk Biscuits Tasty.....
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients (start with 2 1/2 cups flour)
- Cut in shorting
- Stir in buttermilk and yeast mixture. Blend well. If the dough is to sticky start adding flour 1/4 cup at a time until a ball is formed.
- knead on a floured surface. Roll out to 1/2 inch thick, cut with biscuit cutter. Place on greased cookie sheet making sure the biscuits are touching one another, let raise for 15 to 20 minutes
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. I brush with melted butter when they come out of the oven. Enjoy!!!