Buttermilk Biscuits, Southern style
How to Make Buttermilk Biscuits, Southern style
- Mix the baking powder and sugar into the flour with a fork.
- Use a pastry blender and cut the butter into the flour until it is crumbly.
- Make a hole in the middle of the mixture and pour in the buttermilk. Mix it with your hands until it pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Lightly flour a bread board or a clean counter.
- Put the dough on the board and knead lightly 3 or 4 times. Do not overwork the dough or the biscuits will be tough.
- Pat the dough down until you get your desired thickness. Cut with a 2 3/4 biscuit cutter. Put the biscuit cutter down firmly and then straight up, do not turn it after you have it in the dough.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 450 degrees for 10-14 mins.