Blue Cheese Biscuits
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 Tbspbaking powder
1/2 tspground black pepper
1/4 tspbaking soda
2 Tbspvery cold unsalted butter cut into 1/4 inch cubes
1/2 ccrumbled blue cheese
1 Tbspthinly sliced fresh chives
How to Make Blue Cheese Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Put flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, pepper and baking soda in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse several time to combine.
- Remove top of processor, and scatter cubes of butter over flour mixture.
- Toss cubes to coat in flour.
- Replace top and pulse several times, until mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- Add the blue cheese and pulse 1-2 more times.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and add chives, add buttermilk and stir.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured board.
- Work dough to a 3/4 inch circle.
- Cut dough using a preferred cutter.
- Space biscuits 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet then brush with melted butter.
- Bake until golden brown about 12 minutes.