How to Make Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Put parchment paper on baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour and Crisco together with a fork until combined.
- Add the milk to flour mixture and stir just until combined. It will be sticky. Add a little more milk if not enough to mix dry ingredients.
- Sprinkle flour onto pastry mat, pour dough onto the mat and sprinkle some more flour on top. Shape into a rectangle with hands and pat out to 1/2 inch. Fold over in half and pat out again to 1/2-1 inch. Cut with 3 inch biscuit cutter and cut out 8-10 biscuits.
- Put biscuits on baking sheet side by side and cook for about 15-20 minutes until browned.
- When done, brush with melted butter.