BEST HOMEMADE BISCUITS EVER (old, old recipe)
How to Make BEST HOMEMADE BISCUITS EVER (old, old recipe)
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Combine first 5 ingredients, sift together and place in a medium bowl.
- 3Add: Butter flavor shortning to flour mixture, mix with pastry blender to a corase crumb consistancy. Add in the 2/3 cup of whole buttermuilk. Use pastry blender to combine it all together. Dough will be soft and easy to work with.
- 4Turn out onto a slightly floured cutting board and knead a few times, don't make it stiff. Pat out with hands to a 1/2"-1" thick.
- 5Cut out biscuits out with regular size biscuit cutter. Place in a large black iron skillet lightly greased with yellow flavor shortning. drizzle melted butter acroas top with pastry brush.
- 6Bake in 450 degree preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
** Serve with scrambled eggs, crisp bacon, and Blackberry Jam.