Baking Powder/ Buttermilk Bisquits
How to Make Baking Powder/ Buttermilk Bisquits
- 1I large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- 2Using fork or pastry blender, cut shortening into flour until consistancy of coarse meal.
- 3Add milk;stir with fork until mixture leaves sides of bowl and forms a soft moist dough.
- 4On floured surface, toss lightly until no longer sticky.
Roll out 1/2 inch thick; cut with 2 inch floured cutter.
Place on greased cookie sheet.
- 5Bake at 350* for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 12 to 14 biscuits
Buttermilk Biscuits- Add1/4 teaspoonbaking soda to flour. Substitute buttermilk for milk
Cheese Biscuits- Add 4oz (1 cup) shredded cheddar cheese to flour shortening mixture.