Baking Powder Biscuits
How to Make Baking Powder Biscuits
- 1Preheat oven to 450
- 2Sift flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in mixing bowl.
- 3Cut in butter making sure to leave it in chunks the size of peas.
- 4Mix egg and milk together and add to flour mixture. Stir until just combined.
- 5Turn out onto lightly floured surface and gently kneed no more than 20 times to mix it together.
- 6Roll about 1 1/2" thick and cut with biscuit cutter and place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until done. I bake them on a preheated stone and when they are almost all done I pull them apart for the last 2 minutes of cooking.