Bacon Biscuit Bites
This is a way to have that great bacon flavor in the bread without having to chop up bacon and put it into the dough.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The bacon grease added to the dough makes these biscuits sooooo flavorful! They're really light too (which means I can sneak one or two extra). These would be great for breakfast, brunch or maybe even an appetizer at a party. So good! The Test Kitchen
6 - 8strips of favorite brand of bacon
2 Tbspbacon grease
2 call-purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspbaking soda
1 tspkosher salt
3 Tbsplard - chilled
3 Tbspunsalted butter - chilled
1 1/4 cshredded cheddar & monterey jack cheese
How to Make Bacon Biscuit Bites
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Fry bacon and reserve 2 tablespoons of grease.
- Combine the next four ingredients.
- Cut in the cold lard and butter with a pastry blender.
- Mix the cheese into the dry ingredients.
- Pour in the buttermilk and bacon grease.
- Stir just until the dough comes together; roll out to 1" thickness and cut out the biscuits with a 2" biscuit cutter.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Split hot biscuits; lightly butter; place 1/2 slice of crispy bacon between halves; top bacon with favorite jam or preserves; combine halves and enjoy!