Bacon Biscuit Bites
This is a way to have that great bacon flavor in the bread without having to chop up bacon and put it into the dough.
- 6 - 8
- strips of favorite brand of bacon
- 2 Tbsp
- bacon grease
- 2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp
- lard - chilled
- 3 Tbsp
- unsalted butter - chilled
- 1 1/4 c
- shredded cheddar & monterey jack cheese
- 1 c
How to Make Bacon Biscuit Bites
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Fry bacon and reserve 2 tablespoons of grease.
- 3Combine the next four ingredients.
- 4Cut in the cold lard and butter with a pastry blender.
- 5Mix the cheese into the dry ingredients.
- 6Pour in the buttermilk and bacon grease.
- 7Stir just until the dough comes together; roll out to 1" thickness and cut out the biscuits with a 2" biscuit cutter.
- 8Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until golden brown.
- 9Split hot biscuits; lightly butter; place 1/2 slice of crispy bacon between halves; top bacon with favorite jam or preserves; combine halves and enjoy!