Bacon Biscuit Bites
This is a way to have that great bacon flavor in the bread without having to chop up bacon and put it into the dough.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The bacon grease added to the dough makes these biscuits sooooo flavorful! They're really light too (which means I can sneak one or two extra). These would be great for breakfast, brunch or maybe even an appetizer at a party. So good! The Test Kitchen
- 6 - 8
- strips of favorite brand of bacon
- 2 Tbsp
- bacon grease
- 2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp
- lard - chilled
- 3 Tbsp
- unsalted butter - chilled
- 1 1/4 c
- shredded cheddar & monterey jack cheese
- 1 c
How to Make Bacon Biscuit Bites
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Fry bacon and reserve 2 tablespoons of grease.
- 3Combine the next four ingredients.
- 4Cut in the cold lard and butter with a pastry blender.
- 5Mix the cheese into the dry ingredients.
- 6Pour in the buttermilk and bacon grease.
- 7Stir just until the dough comes together; roll out to 1" thickness and cut out the biscuits with a 2" biscuit cutter.
- 8Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until golden brown.
- 9Split hot biscuits; lightly butter; place 1/2 slice of crispy bacon between halves; top bacon with favorite jam or preserves; combine halves and enjoy!