★★★★★ 1 vote5
- self rising flour (as much as you need)
- buttermilk (enough to make your dough)
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Aunt Ginny's Biscuits
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2It's hard to give quantities for these biscuits for it depends on how many biscuits you need.
- 3To a mixing bowl add about a half a cup of buttermilk, about 1/3 cup flour. Whip fast for about 10 seconds. My Aunt said that was to get the levening agent to kick in.
- 4To the previous mix, add ever how much buttermilk you think you need for the number of biscuits you want.
- 5Add the salt to the flour and mix well.
- 6Start adding flour until dough is thick enough to handle with your floured hands.
- 7Put quiet a bit of vegetable oil in your biscuit pan and make sure all of the bottom is covered. You should have extra oil still standing in your pan.
- 8Either roll out dough and cut out biscuits or start pinching off dough for one biscuit and turn raw edges under the biscuit. This method makes them more like homemade and you can make them as big or as little as you like.
- 9Dip top of biscuit in the standing oil in your pan so that the top is well covered. Continue with the rest of the dough, leaving room for them to rise.
- 10Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until slighty brown.