★★★★★ 1 vote5
3/4 csolid shortening
1 pkgactive dry yeast
1 tspbaking soda
2 tspbaking powder
1/4 cwarm water
How to Make Angel Biscuits
- Mix together flour, soda, salt, and baking powder.
- Add shortening. Cut into flour mixture until it resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Add to flour mixture, then add buttermilk. Knead together until dough forms.(I cheat. I use the dough hook on my heavy duty stand mixer.) It will be sticky.
- Transfer the amount of dough needed to a floured surface and knead until it reaches an elestic quality.
- Roll out to desired thickness and cut biscuits out. Make a ball out of scraps and roll out again and cut biscuits again. Place on a lightly greased pan. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remember that the more you roll dough the tougher it gets.