Bistro Potato Salad with Caramelized Onions
- 2 med. yellow onions, sliced
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. small red potatoes
- Boiling salted water
- 3/4 C. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs. fresh chopped dill leaves
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. sugar
How to Make Bistro Potato Salad with Caramelized Onions
- 1Saute' onions in olive oil in large skillet over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes until golden.
- 2Season with salt and pepper to taste, cover and chill.
- 3Boil potatoes 20 to 35 minutes or until fork tender but not mushy. Drain and chill in covered container.
- 4Combine mayonnaise with dill leaves, mustard, lemon juice and sugar.
- 5Slice chilled potatoes and brush a thin glaze of the dilled mayonnaise over tops.
- 6To arrange salad, spoon onions onto plate, spreading into 10 to 12-inch round. Make overlapping circles of glazed sliced potatoes over onions.
- 7Spoon some of the dilled mayonnaise into center, and pass remainder in a small bowl. If desired, garnish with fresh herbs or a few arugula leaves.