Big Breakfast Casserole
- 2 pkgs (12 oz. each) breakfast sausage links
- 9 eggs
- 3 C. milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground mustard
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 pkgs. (20 oz. each) Refrigerated shredded hash browns
- 2C (8 oz.) Shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 C. diced sweet red pepper
- 1/3 C. thinly sliced green onions
- 2 C. salsa (or picante sauce), optional
How to Make Big Breakfast Casserole
- 1Place sausage on a 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- 2Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, turning once ; drain and slice into 1/4” coins.
- 3In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- 4Add hash browns, sausage, cheese, sweet red pepper, and green onions; mix well. Pour into a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- 5Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 6Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- 7Bake, uncovered, at 350 F for 65 to 70 minutes or until set and golden brown.
- 8Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa if desired.