Barbecued Beef Ribs
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 purple onion, finely diced
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 C. dark brown sugar
- 1/4 C. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 C. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 4 lbs. beef ribs, trimmed of excess fat
How to Make Barbecued Beef Ribs
- 1Saute' the onion for two to three minutes in the oil in a medium saucepan.
- 2Add the tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt and mustard.
- 3Blend well and cook and stir over a medium-high heat until the sauce boils.
- 4Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- 5Broil or grill to medium, basting the ribs with the sauce.
- 6If desired, you may reheat any remaining sauce to boiling, simmer for 5 minutes and use at the table as a mop sauce for the ribs.