Asparagus Quiche Recipe
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
How to Make Asparagus Quiche Recipe
- 1Bake crust at 425° for 6-7 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- 2Cook the asparagus spears in a small amount of water until tender. Drain and cool. Set aside three spears for garnish; cut the remaining asparagus into 1/2-in. pieces. Combine the asparagus pieces and onions; add flour and toss. Pour into crust; sprinkle with cheese. Whisk together eggs, cream, salt, basil and cayenne; pour over asparagus mixture.
- 3Bake at 325° for 25 minutes. Split the reserved asparagus spears lengthwise and arrange, cut side down, in a wheel pattern on top of filling. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- 4Yield: 6 servings.
- 5Originally published as Asparagus Quiche in Country Woman
- 6March/April 1991, p33
- 8Add to Recipe Box
- 9Email a Friend