Zucchini and Carrot Pancakes
Visit my vegan food blog for more recipes and healthy tips:
XxOo - Tasha
- 2 medium
- organic carrots, grated
- 1 medium
- organic zucchini, about 8 inches long, grated
- 1/2 c
- yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large
- garlic cloves, diced
- 1 large
- handful of fresh basil leaves sliced into thin ribbons
- 1 Tbsp
- coconut oil, or olive oil (for the pan)
- 1/3 c
- unbleached white flour (or your flour of choice) + more for dredging
- 1 Tbsp
- dried dill
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Zucchini and Carrot Pancakes
- 1Grate carrot and zucchini in a large bowl. Take a clean towel and place mixture on the towel and wring extra moisture out. Place back in the bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients, MINUS the coconut oil, and only 1/3 cup flour. Mix with your hands until you can make a ball and it will not fall apart. You may have to add more flour to achieve the desired consistency. On a separate plate, sprinkle some flour with some salt and pepper – this is for dredging the mixture.
- 2In a large skillet, add coconut oil and heat on medium heat. Let warm up for a minute. Take the mixture and divide it into fourths. Take one serving of the mixture, roll it into a ball and roll into the flour mixture on the plate. Carefully place into the skillet, flattening until your desired size and thickness. Do this for all 4 servings. Let cook for 8-10 minutes on each side. You may have to add more oil when you flip. Make sure they do not burn.
Simple and delicious!