Blue Ribbon Recipe
This would be good without the prosciutto... but it's GREAT with it! The dressing is a nice addition and would work great on other veggies too. The blue cheese tops the asparagus perfectly. The Test Kitchen
36 mediumasparagus, fresh
36 sliceprosciutto ham
4 ozblue cheese crumbled
1/2 cbalsamic vinegar
1/2 cvegetable oil
1/2 colive oil
1/2 tsplemon juice
1/2 tspbasil, dried
How to Make Wrapped Asparagus
- Trim asparagus to 4-6 inches long and peel end with potato peeler.
- Place asparagus in shallow dish with ½ cup water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave high for 3 minutes
- Remove asparagus and plunge into icy water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain and dry asparagus.
- Wrap each asparagus with slice of prosciutto.
- Arrange on a platter with lip around edge.
- Sprinkle blue cheese over top and when ready to serve, pour dressing over.