Wonderful Little Cream Cheese Penguins
18jumbo ripe pitted olives (from 3/4 ounce can)
1 pkg(8 ounce) cream cheese
1carrot (at least 6 inches long and 1 inch diamenter), cut into 1/4 inch slices
18small ripe pitted olives
How to Make Wonderful Little Cream Cheese Penguins
- Cut a slit in each jumbo olice from top to botton on one side only.
- Insert about 1 teaspoon of cream cheese into olive to fill cavity.
- Cut small notch out of the carrot slice for form feet.
- Press cutout notch into center of small olive to form beak (if necessary, pierce olive with a small paring knife or toothpick to make a hole).
- Using a frilled toothpick, stack small olive (head), stuffed jumbo live (body) amd carrot slice (feet), adjusting so the beak, cream cheese breast and notch in carrot slice line up.
- (Pinguin will stand better if olives are stacked with the larger hole facing downward).
- *Set these perky little party penguins in a bed of crushed ice, and they will look like they've waddled right down from the North Pole.
- *Use regular toothpicks in place of the frilled picks. Then attach a small piece of pimiento to toothpick on top of the small olive for a stocking cap.