Wonderful Little Cream Cheese Penguins
- jumbo ripe pitted olives (from 3/4 ounce can)
- 1 pkg
- (8 ounce) cream cheese
- carrot (at least 6 inches long and 1 inch diamenter), cut into 1/4 inch slices
- small ripe pitted olives
- frilled toothpicks
How to Make Wonderful Little Cream Cheese Penguins
- 1Cut a slit in each jumbo olice from top to botton on one side only.
- 2Insert about 1 teaspoon of cream cheese into olive to fill cavity.
- 3Cut small notch out of the carrot slice for form feet.
- 4Press cutout notch into center of small olive to form beak (if necessary, pierce olive with a small paring knife or toothpick to make a hole).
- 5Using a frilled toothpick, stack small olive (head), stuffed jumbo live (body) amd carrot slice (feet), adjusting so the beak, cream cheese breast and notch in carrot slice line up.
- 6(Pinguin will stand better if olives are stacked with the larger hole facing downward).
- 7*Set these perky little party penguins in a bed of crushed ice, and they will look like they've waddled right down from the North Pole.
- 8*Use regular toothpicks in place of the frilled picks. Then attach a small piece of pimiento to toothpick on top of the small olive for a stocking cap.