★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 slicebacon, chopped
2 clovegarlic, minced
1/4 cwhite wine
1 pkgfrozen chopped turnip greens, thawed
12 ozcream cheese, softened
8 ozsour cream
1/2 tspred pepper flakes
3/4 cswiss cheese, shredded
How to Make Warm Turnip Green Dip
- Cook bacon in dutch oven over medium high heat for 5 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon of the drippings in the dutch oven.
- Saute onion and garlic in hot drippings for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add wine and cook for 1 to 2 minutes to loosen particles from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in turnip greens, next 4 ingredients and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Cook, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until cream cheese is melted and mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Transfer to a lightly greased baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese. Broil inches from heat 4 to 5 minutes or lightly browned. Sprinkle evenly with bacon.