- 8 corn tortillas cut into fourths
- 4 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1 jar/can prepared green enchilada sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, grated or finely minced
- 4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- garnish – sour cream and avocados, tomatoes, black olives & green onions – all chopped
How to Make Vegetarian Nachos
- 1Preheat oven to 375º. Spray baking sheets lightly with cooking spray.
- 2Lay tortilla fourths on baking sheets and spray with cooking spray. Bake for five minutes. Turn and continue to bake until just beginning to crisp. Remove and set aside.
- 3Place cooked pinto beans into medium bowl and with potato masher, squish until a roughly-smooth consistency is obtained. (Much like refried beans.)
- 4Stir in enchilada sauce and garlic; mix well. (Depending on the size container you have, you might not need to use all the sauce - add just enough to get a good spreading consistency.)
- 5Drop spoons full of bean mixture on each of the tortilla chips. Add a bit of cheese and return to oven for about 10 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven and add a small dollop of sour cream, and other garnishes as desired.
- 7Plate and Serve.