Vegetable Frittata with Chicken Garlic Sausage
1 12 ozpkg garlic chicken sausage
4 Tbspolive oil
1 cdiced zucchini, seeds removed
1/2 cfinely chopped onion
1/2 cdiced red pepper
1/2 tspdiced potato
1/2 tspminced garlic
1 tspchopped fresh parsley
·10 eggs (5 whole and 5 whites only)
2 Tbspgrated parmesan cheese
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Vegetable Frittata with Chicken Garlic Sausage
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and brown slightly.
- Remove, slice and set-aside. Add 1 tbsp oil, zucchini, onions, red pepper, potato and garlic; saute until tender.
- Add sausage and parley to the mixture; saute 5 minutes longer. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and grated cheese, blend well. Pour eggs over sausage and vegetables.
- Cook over low heat for 7 - 8 minutes until bottom is set and top is a little runny.
- Place skillet in the oven and cook until top is golden brown, about 6 - 7 minutes.
- Remove and carefully slide frittata onto a serving platter. Slice and serve.