Ultimate Grilled Poppers
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp
- snipped chives
- 1 c
- grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 13-15 slice
- bacon (enough for at least 1 to each jalapeno)
- 1/2 c
- diced ham or lil smokey sausages (optional addition for those meat lovers out there!)
- 1/2 c
- sweet barbecue sauce (our preference is sweet baby ray's honey bbq)
While the cheese mixture is firming, soak a handful of toothpicks in water.
Place on a hot grill, cheese side up, with indirect heat. Lightly brush with barbecue sauce and close. Cook until bacon crisps up and is done, can take up to 20 minutes. Brush with barbecue sauce again and cook a few minutes more.
Preheat to 400 degrees. Place on a foil covered baking sheet or broiler pan. Lightly brush with barbecue sauce. Cook until bacon is done. Turn off oven and brush with barbecue sauce again. Leave in oven for a few more minutes.