10plum tomatoes, diced
4 smallcloves garlic,pressed
3/4 cfresh basil leaves
1 tspfresh squeezed lemon juice
1/3 colive oil, extra virgin
·coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
·french or italian bread, sliced
·balsamic vinegar, optional
How to Make Tomato Bruschetta
- In a medium bowl mix the tomatoes, garlic, basil leaves, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Slice your bread into 1 inch slices. If you have a large loaf of bread you might want to slice the pieces in half again.
- Brush one side of each slice of bread with extra virgin olive oil. Put the slices oiled side down on a cookie sheet and toast them until golden.
- You can make the bread ahead of time and store it in an airtight container. Cool the bread completely before you store it.
- You can let everyone top their toast with the tomato mixture. Don't top the toast too soon before eating, it will get soggy.