- plum tomatoes, diced
- 4 small
- cloves garlic,pressed
- 3/4 c
- fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp
- fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
- coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- french or italian bread, sliced
- balsamic vinegar, optional
How to Make Tomato Bruschetta
- 1In a medium bowl mix the tomatoes, garlic, basil leaves, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and set aside.
- 2Slice your bread into 1 inch slices. If you have a large loaf of bread you might want to slice the pieces in half again.
- 3Brush one side of each slice of bread with extra virgin olive oil. Put the slices oiled side down on a cookie sheet and toast them until golden.
- 4You can make the bread ahead of time and store it in an airtight container. Cool the bread completely before you store it.
- 5You can let everyone top their toast with the tomato mixture. Don't top the toast too soon before eating, it will get soggy.