Tomato and mozzarella tarts
- one half of the 17 ounce package frozen puff pastry sheets, with thawed, one sheet
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces of fresh mozzarella cheese, very thinly sliced, eight or nine slices
- one large roma tomato, thinly sliced, eight or nine slices
- small fresh basil leaves
How to Make Tomato and mozzarella tarts
- 1preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- 2On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry. Cut into eight or nine rounds with a 3 inch biscuit cutter.
- 3Place 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. Using a fork, prick each round in several places. Bake about 10 minutes or until puffed.
- 4Sprinkle rounds with Parmesan cheese. Top with mozzarella cheese and tomato slices. Sprinkle with salt and ground black pepper. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until pastry is Golden Brown. Sprinkle tarts with basil. Serve warm. Makes 8 to 9 tarts.