Toasted Sesame Blue bites
Irisa Raina 9
** If you cannot find Greek yogurt, place a coffee filter in a strainer over a bowl, and drain plain yogurt over night in the refrigerator till all the liquid is out.
* Fresh dill is preferred but if you only have dried that is alright also.
These can be frozen once you have them all filled, defrosting these before frying is recommended.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
·16 won ton wrappers 3 x 3 squares
·8 oz. fresh mushrooms cleaned and chopped
·1 large sweet onion chopped fine
·1-5oz container blue cheese “treasure cove” is what i use
·8 oz. heavy cream
·1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
·1 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
·2 tablespoons un-salted butter divided in 1/2
·oil for frying won tons “ not olive oil “
·a wee bit of water or egg yolk for sealing the wontons.
·toasted sesame seeds see note below
·fresh or dry dill “optional “
·16 oz. plain greek yogurt ** drained
·2 tablespoons honey
·1/2 teaspoon sea salt
·2 teaspoons of fresh ground pepper
·2 teaspoons sriracha hot chili sauce or hot sauce of your choice
How to Make Toasted Sesame Blue bites
- In a sauce pan add heavy cream and blue cheese and cook on a very low temperature till the cheese has melted and the cream has thickened. You’ll need to stir this often so it does not burn. This should be thick and creamy. Cool
- While sauce is cooking, fry onions, salt, pepper, nutmeg in 1 tablespoon butter on a low flame until golden, Once the onions are almost done, add mushrooms and continue cooking till the mushrooms are soft and all the moisture is gone and mushrooms just start to brown.
- You may need to add more butter so they don’t burn. Add onions and mushrooms to the sauce and continue to cook for about 1 or 2 minutes longer. Again cool this mixture
- Place 1 & ½ teaspoons of warm mushroom mixture into the center of the triangle; moisten the rim on all four sides with some water or an egg yolk, then fold into a triangle and seal by pressing down on all three sides.
- Once you have these all filled, heat enough oil in a pan to about 1 – 2 inches. Fry until golden brown on both sides, and place on paper towel to drain.
As soon as they come out of the frying pan sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds on them, and dill if you want.
- To make dipping sauce:
- Mix yogurt and honey with a whisk till well incorporated add Sriracha hot sauce, salt & pepper. Refrigerate till ready to serve.
2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill *
1oz. toasted sesame seeds
Arrange triangles on a plate with the sauce in a small bowl.
*** To toast sesame seeds place them in a medium hot dry pan, watch them carefully as they will burn quickly.