Texas Armadillo Eggs
How to Make Texas Armadillo Eggs
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Trim off the stems of each pepper. Cut a slit down one side of each pepper. Remove the seeds and as much of the white membrane as possible. Set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine the sausage, Bisquick and garlic salt. Mix well (by hand is easiest).
- 4Gently insert one or two cubes of the cheese into each jalapeno.
- 5Pinch off a portion of the sausage mixture and shape it around each jalapeno, covering it completely but don't make too thick. Make into egg shape.
- 6Roll each "egg" in bread crumbs to coat.
- 7Arrange the "eggs" evenly on a prepared (sprayed with cookng spray)cookie sheet. Spray "eggs" lightly with cooking spray and bake for 25 minutes until lightly browned.