6campari tomatoes, halved
4 Tbspricotta cheese
3 Tbspmozzarella cheese, shredded
3 mediumbaby portobello mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1 smallonion, coarsely chopped
5 slicebacon, cooked & crumbled
·balsamic vinaigrette dressing, optional
·grated asiago cheese, optional
How to Make Stuffed Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop out the insides of the tomatoes, leaving just the shell, and discard. Turn upside down on a paper-towel lined plate for about 5 minutes to let any excess fluid drip out.
- Saute the onions and mushrooms on medium high heat in a small skillet with about 4 tablespoons of butter. Once the onions are soft and translucent, remove from heat and let cool.
- Turn the tomatoes cut side up and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil. Season the tomatoes with a little garlic salt and Italian seasoning.
- Combine the ricotta, mozzarella, bacon, onions and mushrooms in a small bowl. Stuff the tomatoes with the cheese mixture and gently sprinkle more garlic salt and Italian seasoning over the tomatoes.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette dressing and freshly grated Asiago cheese, if desired.