- campari tomatoes, halved
- 4 Tbsp
- ricotta cheese
- 3 Tbsp
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 Tbsp
- 3 medium
- baby portobello mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 small
- onion, coarsely chopped
- 5 slice
- bacon, cooked & crumbled
- garlic salt
- italian seasoning
- balsamic vinaigrette dressing, optional
- grated asiago cheese, optional
How to Make Stuffed Tomatoes
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop out the insides of the tomatoes, leaving just the shell, and discard. Turn upside down on a paper-towel lined plate for about 5 minutes to let any excess fluid drip out.
- 2Saute the onions and mushrooms on medium high heat in a small skillet with about 4 tablespoons of butter. Once the onions are soft and translucent, remove from heat and let cool.
- 3Turn the tomatoes cut side up and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil. Season the tomatoes with a little garlic salt and Italian seasoning.
- 4Combine the ricotta, mozzarella, bacon, onions and mushrooms in a small bowl. Stuff the tomatoes with the cheese mixture and gently sprinkle more garlic salt and Italian seasoning over the tomatoes.
- 5Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette dressing and freshly grated Asiago cheese, if desired.