Stuffed Pepper Quarters
1 largered bell pepper
1 largeorange bell pepper
1 largeyellow bell pepper
5 slicebacon, cooked & crumbled
1 smallonion, chopped
8 kgbaby portobello mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1/2 cricotta cheese
1/4 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
·asiago cheese, optional
·balsamic vinaigrette dressing, optional
How to Make Stuffed Pepper Quarters
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut peppers in half, scrape out the seeds, carefully remove the membrane with a knife, remove stems and rinse with cold water. Pat dry. Cut the halves in half (cutting the peppers into quarters). Turn upside down on a paper-towel lined plate for about 5 minutes to let any excess fluid drip out.
- On a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, place the peppers, cut side up, in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the peppers are baking, saute the onions and mushrooms on medium high heat in a small skillet with about 4 tablespoons of butter. Once the onions are soft and translucent, remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine the ricotta, mozzarella, bacon, onions and mushrooms in a small bowl. Stuff the peppers with the cheese mixture and gently sprinkle more garlic salt and Italian seasoning over the peppers.
- Bake for approximately 5-10 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette dressing and freshly grated Asiago cheese, if desired.