Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I love a Caprese salad in the summertime, and this recipe is a great twist on that! The super creamy filling is tasty and the balsamic drizzled on top adds a nice zip of flavor. One yummy appetizer! The Test Kitchen
- 1 pt
- cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp
- heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 lb
- fresh mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil leaves chiffonaded
- garlic clove minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar
How to Make Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
- 1Scoop out and discard pulp of cherry tomatoes. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- 2In a food processor, combine the cream, mozzarella cheese, basil and garlic, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended.
- 3Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Fill with cheese mixture.
- 4Turn tomato halves over; drizzle with vinegar. Pipe cheese mixture into tomatoes. Refrigerate until serving.