Spinach and Bacon Tart
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is a quick and easy app to fix if you have some unexpected guests during the holidays. During the first baking, the puff pastry "puffed." I just pressed down the middle.
I loved the mix of flavors. Next time I may try sprinkling some balsamic vinegar over it after it comes out of the oven. Yum! The Test Kitchen
8 slicebacon, cooked & crumbled
3 cbaby spinach (fresh)
1/2 cshredded gruyere cheese (you can also use feta cheese or goat cheese)
2 Tbspparmigiano-reggiano, grated
1 pkg1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
How to Make Spinach and Bacon Tart
- For complete details to make this recipe got to <a href="wineladycooks.com/..." target="_blank">Winelady Cooks</a> sometimes it's easier to understand the recipe when reading the blog post.
Cook the bacon and drain on paper towels. Chop into bite size pieces. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the pastry according to directions and place on a sheet pan. Form into a rectangle and fold over the edges on all sides forming to make an edging.
- Brush the uncooked pastry crust with the beaten egg. Bake the pastry at 400 degrees for approximately 12 minutes just until lightly browned.
- Remove pastry from oven and add the spinach over the top of the pastry. Add the crumbled bacon pieces. Add a little salt, pepper and the pinch of nutmeg over the spinach and bacon.
- Add the Gruyere cheese (or the cheese you prefer), then add the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano on top (this cheese can be optional if using feta or goat cheese).
- Bake until the cheese melts, the spinach is wilted and the pastry crust is golden brown - approx. 15 minutes based on individual oven temps.
- Cut into squares and serve, either hot or room temperature.