Spanish Toasts with Tomato (Pan con tomate)
Chef Potpie (Laurel)
1 largeripe tomato, or 2 medium, about 8 ounces
3-4 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
1 large clovegarlic, halved
pinchsalt, to taste
·chopped parsley (optional, for color)
How to Make Spanish Toasts with Tomato (Pan con tomate)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut tomatoes in half. Into a bowl, using the large holes of a grater, grate the tomatoes, discarding the skin. Season with salt and set aside.
- Cut ciabatta in half horizontally, then into about 2 inch slices.
- Place bread slices soft side up on baking tray and brush with olive oil. Bake until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush slices with garlic cloves.
- Spread the grated tomato onto the toasts, season with salt to taste and sprinkle with parsley if desired. Serve immediately.