Smokey Stuffed Mushrooms
Blue Ribbon Recipe
All you're going to smell is bacon while these goodies are baking! The filling is creamy and smooth, while the top is crunchy and crispy. These mushrooms have a great smokey flavor, but are very rich. And they're easy to put together - guests will be impressed! The Test Kitchen
- button mushrooms or crimini (baby portabella) cleaned,stems removed
- 4 slice
- bacon cooked crisp
- 3 slice
- bacon, cooked to the limp stage
- mushroom stems,diced
- 1/4 c
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2-1 c
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- black pepper,to suit your taste
- 2-3 Tbsp
- butter or reserved bacon drippings,your choice.
- 1/2 c
- bread crumbs, seasoned or plain
How to Make Smokey Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1Clean mushrooms and set aside.Cook 3 slices of bacon to the limp stage and the other 4 crisp. In your bacon drippings add onion and diced mushroom stems.Cook until soft.
- 2Chop crisp bacon into small pieces.In a mixing bowl add cream cheese,stir in your crisp bacon, cheddar cheese,onion/mushroom mixture,black pepper and garlic powder
- 3Spray a 9x13 in. casserole dish or sheet pan with cooking spray. Fill each mushroom with as much cheese filling as it will hold.Cut each slice of limp bacon into 4 pieces,so that one will fit onto each mushroom.
- 4Sprinkle bread crumbs on top of bacon covered mushroom and drizzle with bacon drippings or melted butter. Place in 350 preheated oven for 20 minutes,until brown on top. Enjoy!!