~ Savory Stuffed Portabella's ~
- oil cooking spray
- portabella mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil - more of needed
- 1 c
- each - chopped red bell pepper & zucchini ( small chop )
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 2 clove
- minced. garlic
- 1/2 tsp
- salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 c
- each - extra sharp cheddar cheese & panko bread crumbs
- pepper flakes, optional
How to Make ~ Savory Stuffed Portabella's ~
- 1Line a boiler pan with foil. Set aside.
Remove the stems from the mushrooms, chop and set aside.
Remove the gills with a spoon. Discard.
Place mushrooms top side up on pan. Spray with cooking spray and place about 5 inches under broiler for about 5 minutes. Should be tender and juices running from them.
- 2In a medium skillet, saute onions, pepper and garlic over medium heat, stirring often until tender and browning.
Stir in the chopped mushroom stems, zucchini, salt and pepper. Cook for another 4 minutes or until tender, stirring often.
Remove from heat and pour any of the mushroom juices from the broiled mushrooms in the pan along with the veggies. Leave this mixture cool for a few minutes.