Savory Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
(2) 16 ozwhite mushrooms (48-60 mushrooms)
1/3 cfresh grated parmeson cheese
1 lbground italian sausage (jc potter's brand is the most lean)
1 cstove-top savory stuffing mix (dry)
1 tspminced garlic
2 ozcream cheese
24diced mushroom stems
1/4 cwater (only if needed)
How to Make Savory Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Pre-heat oven 350 degrees. Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Spray (24)mini muffin pan. Place mushroom caps stem side up in each mini muffin pan section. Prinkle salt over mushroom caps. Dice mushroom stems.
- Brown italian sausage and garlic. (drain if necessary)
- Add cream cheese, parmesan, mushroom stems and stuffing mix. Stir till cheeses are melted and mixture is relatively smooth. Use water to thin a bit if necessary only pouring a little at a time. Mixture should remain THICK!
- Wisk egg in bowl and pour into mixture. Mix well. Remove from heat.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop, scoop mixture and place on top of mushroom caps.
- Bake for approx. 35 mins or till mushrooms are tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Use tooth picks to remove from pan and place on dish to serve.