Savory Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- (2) 16 oz
- white mushrooms (48-60 mushrooms)
- 1/3 c
- fresh grated parmeson cheese
- 1 lb
- ground italian sausage (jc potter's brand is the most lean)
- 1 c
- stove-top savory stuffing mix (dry)
- 1 tsp
- minced garlic
- 2 oz
- cream cheese
- diced mushroom stems
- sea salt
- 1/4 c
- water (only if needed)
How to Make Savory Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1Pre-heat oven 350 degrees. Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Spray (24)mini muffin pan. Place mushroom caps stem side up in each mini muffin pan section. Prinkle salt over mushroom caps. Dice mushroom stems.
- 2Brown italian sausage and garlic. (drain if necessary)
- 3Add cream cheese, parmesan, mushroom stems and stuffing mix. Stir till cheeses are melted and mixture is relatively smooth. Use water to thin a bit if necessary only pouring a little at a time. Mixture should remain THICK!
- 4Wisk egg in bowl and pour into mixture. Mix well. Remove from heat.
- 5Using a mini ice cream scoop, scoop mixture and place on top of mushroom caps.
- 6Bake for approx. 35 mins or till mushrooms are tender.
- 7Remove from oven and let cool. Use tooth picks to remove from pan and place on dish to serve.