Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- 3 or 4
- italian hot sausages, casings removed (you can use any sausage or meat for this, anything goes!! i used the hot and spicy sausages :)
- 2 tsp
- dried oregano
- 3/4 c
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (or any cheese, parmesan gives a good kick ;)
- 1 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- garlic cloves, minced (i used 2)
- 8 oz
- cream cheese at room temperature
- egg yolk
- large (about 2-inch-diameter) mushrooms, stemmed
- dry white wine for brushing mushroom cavity
Mix in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder, then cream cheese.
Brush 15x10x2-inch glass baking dish with olive oil to coat.
Brush cavity of each mushroom cap with white wine; fill with scant 1 tablespoon filling and sprinkle with some of remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
Arrange mushrooms, filling side up, in prepared dish. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)