This recipe was posted on the Internet by a cook named Verondear.
- 1 lb
- smoked kielbasa-minced
- 1 large
- 1 Tbsp
- corn oil
- 1-16 oz
- can sauerkraut-well drained and finely chopped
- 1-8 oz
- cream cheese-softened
- 2 c
- bread crumbs, seasoned
- 1 large
- egg-lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper
How to Make Sauerkraut Balls
- 1Cook onion in a skillet with 1 tbls. oil, over medium high heat, until onions are soft, about 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- 2Then mix the cooked onions,chopped sauerkraut, cream cheese, cayenne pepper and minced kielbasa together.
- 3Cover and chill in the refrigerator approximately 2 hours.
- 4Mix egg in another small bowl.
- 5Place seasoned bread crumbs in a medium bowl.
- 6Roll the chilled sausage mixture into 1 inch balls.
- 7Dredge sausage balls, one at a time, in the egg mixture and then in the bread crumbs.
- 8Bake sausage balls in a preheated 350F oven until golden brown (approximately 15 minutes)
- 9This recipe makes about 44 balls. Serve with yellow mustard for dipping.