This recipe was posted on the Internet by a cook named Verondear.
1 lbsmoked kielbasa-minced
1 Tbspcorn oil
1-16 ozcan sauerkraut-well drained and finely chopped
1-8 ozcream cheese-softened
2 cbread crumbs, seasoned
1 largeegg-lightly beaten
1/4 tspcayenne pepper
How to Make Sauerkraut Balls
- Cook onion in a skillet with 1 tbls. oil, over medium high heat, until onions are soft, about 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Then mix the cooked onions,chopped sauerkraut, cream cheese, cayenne pepper and minced kielbasa together.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator approximately 2 hours.
- Mix egg in another small bowl.
- Place seasoned bread crumbs in a medium bowl.
- Roll the chilled sausage mixture into 1 inch balls.
- Dredge sausage balls, one at a time, in the egg mixture and then in the bread crumbs.
- Bake sausage balls in a preheated 350F oven until golden brown (approximately 15 minutes)
- This recipe makes about 44 balls. Serve with yellow mustard for dipping.